Details regarding Black Ops 2 have surfaced along with a release date, i must say im very glad to see they are not following Modern Warfare 3 in any way apart from pointstreaks (MW3 lasted about 3 weeks in my house before i sold it) Some of these new features are looking very interesting, loving the fact they are removing all rocket launchers and grenade launchers from hardcore and liking the sound of the new Perk system upgrades. As always we can count on Treyarch at least to move the series forward and not back. Black Ops 1 brought a lot of new features to the table and it seems number 2 is bringing even more. I just wish IW and co would take a leaf out of Treyarchs books and learn to listen to fans and do more to improve the series rather than go backwards and only implement one new thing (i.e pointstreaks)
Full list of details is below:
Leaked Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Information
- This year, Call of Duty will return with its ninth instalment with Black Ops 2. As expected it will be following Treyarch’s previous game Black Ops. It’s release date is set for the November 6.
- Escort, a new game mode similar to Search and Destroy however a live player must be escorted to one of three areas (or two depending on the map) without being killed. The match will have rounds, consisting of one life only.
- Drop Zone and Kill Confirmed will return
- Team Defender and Infected will not return
- Will follow from Modern Warfare 3’s system
- Larger emphasis on objectives
- A bomb plant is worth 2 points
- A neutral flag is worth 1, however an enemy flag is worth 2
- Flag assist capture is worth 1, a capture is worth 2
- The Specialist Pointstreak has be modified. 2 kills now gets you 1 perk. The 4th kill gets you 2 more perks. The 6th kill gets you 3 more perks. The 8th Kill gets you 4 more perks. You do not get every perk when you reach 8 kills. Perks only become “Pro” when you have them Pro
- RC XD will not return
- Heat vision is a new Pointstreak reward. When you get the required points, you can activate this Pointstreak and your player pulls out a scope and attaches it to your weapon. This scopes main advantage is its ability to detect enemies through most walls. Note, the scope can only be attached to primaries not including shotguns
- Item Packages requires 5 points. Fall alongside care packages and air drop traps. Features a list of package items only including ammo, mini gun, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, and body armour
- There will be 15 prestiges
- There will be 50 ranks
- Every two prestiges there is a 5 rank increase
- The final prestige has 90 levels
- ELITE is being fully incorporated into Black Ops 2
- Combat record has been modified and re-named as ELITE Stats
- There will be a specific lobby for clan matches (new way of levelling clans)
- Clan Tournaments can now be implementedRemoved
- No MOAB or Nuke
- No last stand
- No death streaks
- No flame thrower attachment
- Map design and size will be following Black Ops not Modern Warfare 3
- Improved sniper rifle usage.
- No aim assist for any sniper rifle.
- Less sway
- No longer just perk 1 chooses the players appearance
- Appearance is a combination of all perks and type of Pointstreak being used.Hardcore
- Larger emphasis on hardcore than ever before
- No grenade launchers
- Only vehicle guided rocket launchers permitted
- Respawn timings decreased (for most modes)
- 1 bullet in the foot will no longer kill a person, a head or chest shot is usually required.
- A person will now bleed out if severely injured.
Perk System 2.0
- The Perk Pro system has been upgraded
- There is now 2 options a perk can advance to.
- Both require different challenges to unlock
- Once the desired Pro version is unlocked, the player can select that as their “Perk Pro”.
- Once selected, the only way to choose the other option is by entering prestige mode.
- For example Perk slot 1 has the perk called Speed
- Speed – Reduces the time taken to aim down the sight. Pro I – Swaps weapons faster. Pro II – Throws equipment faster
- Will be returning with vast improvements.
- Difficulty is no longer based on how long the bots take to start shooting.
- Bots now have an advance AI system
- Similar to the behaviour seen in the MW3 Spec Ops survival